An Ultimate Guide on X-ray Equipment and How to Choose One
X-ray equipment has come a long way over the years and is safer and more precise than ever. It uses X-ray radiation to produce images of the body’s internal structures. Commonly used in clinics and hospitals, X-ray equipment is particularly useful for detecting fractures, tumors, and other lesions. With clear images produced by this apparatus, doctors and medical professionals can perform better diagnoses and treatments for patients. Here we will dive into this equipment and give you clues about how to select one.
Main X-ray Systems and Their Features
Let’s get to know the types of X-ray systems first. Based on different structures, X-ray systems are divided into three main categories: fixed X-ray equipment, portable X-ray equipment, and mobile X-ray equipment.
1. Portable X-ray system- Featuring a small footprint and easy transport, the portable X-ray unit is suitable for clinics, community health centers, the military, and other departments. Other features of portable X-ray systems include low radiation] and simple operation. Such strength enables it to make up for the deficiency of large X-ray machine equipment, thus being sought-after among many medical industry and professionals.
2. Fixed X-ray system –It is a stationary system typically found in radiology departments and hospitals. A fixed digital x-ray machine is typically installed in a permanent location, such as a radiology department or clinic, and cannot be easily moved. These machines are designed to produce high-quality images and are typically larger and more powerful than portable digital x-ray machines and mobile digital x-ray machines. They are also equipped with advanced features such as automatic exposure control and image processing software.
3. Mobile X-ray system –Mobile X-ray unit is similar to a portable one, but it is mounted on wheels for easy transport between wards, operating rooms, and other places to take pictures of patients who shouldn’t be moving. Generally, it features more flexibility than other X-ray systems.
What to Consider When Purchasing X-ray Equipment
All these systems have unique features and capabilities, and the choice of which one to buy depends on specific imaging needs and the health facility it will be used. Besides types of X-ray equipment, there are other factors to consider before making a purchase. These include:
1. Image quality:The quality of the images produced by the X-ray system can affect the clinical diagnosis, which hinges on contrast, dynamic range, spatial resolution, noise, and artifacts. It means that you should consider all these elementsif you want to get one with premium image quality.
2. Safety: Safety is a critical factor when it comes to buying X-ray equipment. The equipment should be designed to minimize radiation exposureand equipped with appropriate shielding and safety features.The three key factors affecting X-ray exposure are: generator type, peak tube potential and filtration. In terms of safety, devices with low (4%) ripple, such as three-phase 12-pulse generators; lower peak tube potentials and those containing effective filtering materials such as aluminium are preferred.
3. Exam time: The exam time is a critical factor when considering purchasing a x-ray machine because it can have a significant impact on the efficiency of a healthcare facility. Digital x-ray systems are designed to improve the speed and accuracy of the diagnostic process, and exam time is an important metric that determines the throughput of patients in the radiology department.
4. Cost:The cost of the X-ray equipment must be considered, including the initial cost of buying the equipment, maintenance costs, and the cost of any additional features or upgrades. To get reliable equipment and save on extra costs, it is better to choose an X-ray system supplier with a good reputation.
Radiography has evolved from film and chemical developers to a highly technical process involving various types of digital X-ray machines to assist professionals in the acquisition of images and the diagnostic analysis of the images acquired. But this also adds to the confusion of choosing the right x-ray machine for a hospital or clinic. In that case, we would like to put ourselves forward — SONTU.
Founded in 2009, SONTU is a global manufacturer specialising in medical imaging equipment, with a product line covering general radiology, dental imaging, in-vehicle imaging and veterinary imaging. Thanks to the innovation-driven development strategy, SONTU is one of the few manufacturers who master the various core technologies and systems development of DR X-ray machines.
Contact us today to learn how we can help improve your diagnostic capabilities.
For more information regarding SONTU X-ray equipment, please follow the: